Renting in NL allows users to post different kinds of content, which may include reviews, photos, videos, events, votes, tips, direct messages, and more.
We’ve put together these guidelines to help our users understand what is expected of them when they interact with each other, and contribute content to the Renting in NL website.
- Inappropriate content: Colourful language is fine, as we all have different ways of expressing ourselves. However threats, harassment, lewdness, hate speech, and other displays of bigotry are not permitted on the Renting in NL website.
- Objectivity: Any contributions you make to the Renting in NL website should be unbiased and objective. For example, you shouldn’t write reviews of your own property, or the properties of your friends or relatives. Landlords also shouldn’t leave reviews of other landlords.
- Promotional content: Unless otherwise stated, we do not allow promotional material to be displayed on our website. So you should not upload ads for rental units, businesses, etc, to the site.
- Relevance: Please make sure your contributions are relevant and related to the topic of residential tenancies.
- Privacy: Respect the privacy of others. When leaving a review of a rental unit you shouldn’t identify tenants living in other rental units (upstairs, downstairs, or neighbouring apartments), the neighbours, friends of the landlord, etc.
- Intellectual property: All contributions you make to the Renting in NL website must be your own work. Please do not copy content from other websites or users.
- Impersonation: Impersonation of another user or stealing another user’s identity is strictly prohibited. Additionally, the impersonation of a Renting in NL administrator or moderator will result in immediate account termination.
- Enforcement: In most cases, a user’s first violation of the Community Guidelines will result in a warning. If there are future violations, or if a situation is serious in nature, the user’s account may be suspended or terminated at our sole discretion.
The best reviews are personal, full of passion, and detailed.
Here are some guidelines to help you leave a better review:
- Be personal: Reviews should be based on your firsthand consumer experience, not what you heard from someone else.
- Be accurate: Make sure your review is factually correct. Opinions and feelings are fine, but don’t exaggerate or misrepresent the facts. We expect you to stand behind your review.
- Be detailed: A good review will explain the problems in detail. It helps other people better understand your experience with the rental unit and landlord.
Renting in NL strongly encourages users to report violations of the Community Guidelines or any of our other policies. The identity of the person reporting such violations is kept confidential.
You can report violations of our policies by Contacting Us.
Please note, to report a review left by a tenant please click the “Report Review” link underneath the review you wish to report. Complaints about tenant reviews reported any other way will not be accepted.