We want all our events to offer a positive and safe environment for all attendees. We know that diverse representation at events ultimately creates a stronger community.
We follow a Code of Conduct for all our events in order to create the best experience possible for all attendees. Before you participate in a Renting in NL event, please review the Code of Conduct below.
Code of Conduct
All attendees, speakers, sponsors, vendors, partners and volunteers at our conferences/events are required to adhere to the following Code of Conduct. Renting in NL event organizers will enforce this Code throughout the event.
Our aim in hosting events is to build community. To that end, our goal is to create an environment where everyone feels welcome to participate, speak up, ask questions, and engage in conversation. We invite all those who participate in an event to help us create safe and positive experiences for everyone.
Every Renting in NL event/conference is dedicated to providing a harassment-free environment for everyone, regardless of gender, gender identity and expression, age, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, ethnicity, or religion (or lack thereof). We do not tolerate harassment of participants in any form. Sexual language and imagery is not appropriate during any aspect of the event/conference, including talks, workshops, parties, social media such as Twitter, or other online media.
- Participate in an authentic and active way. In doing so, you contribute to the health and longevity of the community.
- Exercise consideration and respect in your speech and actions.
- Attempt collaboration before conflict.
- Refrain from demeaning, discriminatory, or harassing behavior and speech.
- Be mindful of your surroundings and of your fellow participants. Alert community leaders if you notice a dangerous situation, someone in distress, or violations of this Code of Conduct, even if they seem inconsequential.
Conference participants violating these rules may be sanctioned or expelled from the event/conference without a refund at the discretion of the organizers. Participants asked to stop any harassing behavior are expected to comply immediately.
Reporting an Incident
If you see, overhear or experience a violation of the Code of Conduct during an event, please seek out the nearest Renting in NL team member to escalate your complaint. If you cannot find a team member, or would like to report a violation after an event, you may Contact Us.
When we host events, we may have a photographer or videographer capturing the event. By attending you agree to be photographed or filmed. Renting in NL reserves the right to use any photograph/video taken at any event hosted by Renting in NL without the express written permission of those included within the photograph/video. Renting in NL may use the photograph/video in publications or other media material produced, used or contracted by Renting in NL including but not limited to: brochures, invitations, books, newspapers, magazines, television, websites, etc. We do attempt to respect each individual’s preferences for privacy — please feel free to speak with our photographers/videographers if for any reason you would rather not be filmed or photographed.
This Code of Conduct was adapted from the following open resources:
- The Conference Code of Conduct , licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported license.
- The Berlin Code of Conduct , licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International (CC BY-SA 4.0) license.
This Code of Conduct is available under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International (CC BY-SA 4.0) license.