Tenant verification is the process we use to verify that a user on our website has actually lived at the property they are leaving a review for as part of our Trusted Review program.
Trusted Reviews are given more weight when determining the rating of a landlord and are highlighted on our website. Trusted Reviews may instill more confidence in website visitors, since they know that the tenant has lived at the address being reviewed.
Since we place more trust in Trusted Reviews it is important that we make sure people have lived at the property being reviewed, so we require tenants to verify their address through the tenant verification process.
The tenant verification process is simple:
- Select the address of the property you’d like to be verified for.
- Upload documentation to verify your name and address.
- Once we have confirmed your identity, your verified status will be activated, and the documentation that you uploaded will be deleted from our system.
We currently accept the following documents, which must match your name and the address being verified, for tenant verification purposes:
- Rental Agreement
- Bank Statement
- Credit Card Statement
- Driver’s License
- Government Mail
- Paycheck Stub
- Utility Bill
- Void Check
Some things to note:
- Tenants on our website are identified by a username, rather than their real name, so while we verify your name as part of the Trusted Review program your name is not shown on our website.
- The documents you upload as part of the tenant verification process are only used to confirm your identity as part of the Trusted Review program. Once we have verified your identity, we permanently delete the uploaded files from our system.
- You need to complete the tenant verification process for each address you wish to be verified for.
Tenant Verification Form